There is Love in Grief







This audio podcast podcast is found here.


Thank you for being here.

I have not been here for a while. Despite huge motivation to publish the many writings I have for this blog, a big bump along the journey presented itself.

Not a bump on the head, don't worry about that. But a blow just as bad.

I has intentions of typing this post out, but it felt better to record it before editing the text. The end result is a much more genuine and authentic audio production than I think a written version could ever truly convey. I understand this makes it less accessible to those with hearing impairments, and for that I very much apologize. But for me, I have devoted so much screen time to the audio editing, which means a whole lot to me. And I can't at this time prioritize my brain energy to typing this all out. If I were, it would delay this project even further and my heart just can't really bare it any longer.

Because this project has already been delayed. Months. I recorded at the end of January and now we're nearing the middle of May...

So why the delay in this post?

Well, it's about grief. And I've been grieving. And it's been painful.

If you are grieving, whether that is over the loss of someone, something, or yourself, then I hope this gives you the comfort of common humanity. It's not easy. And you are not alone.

Throughout my brain injury I have been working through lots of feelings of grief and guilt. This story puts it all into perspective along with the tones of a piano composition (?) I seem to have improvised in one dreary moment (note: I don't actually play the piano. It's amazing what wonderful things you can achieve when you just allow yourself to feel through music).

Get cozy. Grab some tea. Have some tissues. And also a smile at the ready (it is ok to laugh, even during grief). This story is an important part of my healing process. I hope it inspires you along yours.

I am keeping it audio for the moment, so note that it is at times quite emotional. But, what would be the point in living if we didn't experience this array of emotions? Even the painful ones, I suppose...

Best in brain and emotional health,

Krystal

[Photo art is a sketch illustration of a boxer dog looking at the viewer kind of curiously but relaxed. The dog is distinctly my boxer dog, Bob. This art was commissioned by Catherine Gauthier @cuneimage on Instagram or www.behance.net/cgauthier on the web)]

Comments

  1. Dear Krystal,
    I'm a climber from Winnipeg and I don't know if you'll remember me. I stumbled upon your blog and podcast and I just wanted to say how engaging, interesting, and touching your posts have been. Thanks for the work you do and for sharing your vulnerability and care. This podcast in particular brought me to tears and my heart goes out to you. I'm very sorry for your loss. May his memory be a blessing to you.

    Take good care,
    May

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Feel Strong and like I Belong: Rock Climbing

Light

Self Doubt. Self Compassion.